In 1996, Citroën created the ‘Leisure Activity Vehicle’ segment and today (February 15th, 2018), they unveil the third-generation Citroën Berlingo Multispace. It has been improved through its design and comfort features, which renovates the class and practicality behind the success of this model – having sold over 1.7 million units. It also includes a new body, giving it a robust appearance. In addition to this, they are also introducing the smooth and efficient EAT8 (8-speed) automatic gearbox.
So, what characteristics has the new Berlingo Multispace got to retain its fresh and distinctive personality?
- New body styling with a more forward-set windscreen and a higher and shorter front end
- A front-end design that is consistent with the identity of the Citroën brand with the two-tier light signature and front fog lights
- Flowing body styling with Airbump® panels at the bottom of the doors
- An uncluttered, typically Citroën interior, with a light and airy feel, and several interior ambiances
- Personalisation options with an “XTR Pack” and touches of colour
- Two sizes, M and XL, with body lengths of 4.40m and 4.75m, with five and seven seats
Citroën builds on its existing strengths to offer optimum everyday ease of use…
- Three individual seats in the rear that can be folded down with a simple movement using the Magic Flat® controls in the boot. Combined with a folding front passenger seat, this feature provides a perfectly flat floor and a load length of up to 2.70m for the M version and 3.05m for the XL model
- Two wide sliding side doors with electric windows
- Boot volume increased by 100-litres to 775-litres for the M version. The boot is easily accessible thanks to the opening rear window in the tailgate and two different height positions for the luggage cover
- 28 large storage spaces such as the new-generation Modutop® multi-function roof that also lets more light into the cabin area. The “Top Box” glove box is unique to the segment, due to the “Airbag in Roof” system
It also adopts new tech to make your driving experience seamless:
- The EMP2 platform at the front of the vehicle, improving manoeuvrability (electric power steering, turning circle), and providing for the latest driving assistance technologies. The rear part of the platform has been maintained from the previous version for extra load volume and to preserve body width between the wheel arches
- 19 driving assistance technologies, including Colour Head-up Display, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop function, Electric Parking Brake, Reversing Camera with Top Rear Vision, Grip Control® with Hill Descent Assist and Trailer Stability Control
- Four connectivity technologies, including an 8-inch touchscreen with Citroën Connect Nav and Wireless Smartphone Charging
- Suspension settings benefitting from all of Citroën’s know-how for peerless comfort
- A broad range of high-performance engines including the new BlueHDi 130 1.5 diesel and PureTech 1.2 petrol powertrains
Like the sound of Citroën’s latest model? Keep your eyes peeled for its international debut in a few weeks at the Geneva Motor Show, followed by its launch in the second half of 2018.
For more CarCliq news click here
For more CarCliq news click here